Zoning Board of Appeals Meetings: The Thursday after the second Planning Board meeting of the month at 7:00 P.M. (This usually is the third Thursday of each month, but may occasionally fall on the fourth Thursday in some months.)
Zoning Board Members
Melissa Toni, Chairperson
Karol O'Sullivan, Secretary
Mary Ellen Trumbull
Scott H. Bendett
Clerk Office Hours:
Tuesday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday (1st and 3rd) 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wednesday (2nd, 4th and 5th) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday (1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday (3rd) 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Variance or Special Exception Application Steps:
1. For variances, once a determination has been by the Code Enforcement Officer that a variance would be required for a proposed project or land use, a person may seek relief from Chapter 250, Zoning of the Town of Sand Lake.
2. Obtain and complete an application for either an AREA VARIANCE, USE VARIANCE or SPECIAL EXCEPTION. Applications can be accessed on this website or a paper copy can be obtained from the ZBA Clerk at Town Hall.
3. Obtain and complete a State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR) Environmental Assessment Form which can be accessed and completed on the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation at http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6191.html, downloaded
on this website or a paper copy can be obtained from the ZBA Clerk at Town Hall.
4. Submit the application, SEQR Environmental Assessment Form and application fee to the ZBA Clerk by the First Tuesday of the Month for consideration at the next ZBA Meeting.
5. The ZBA will review submitted application materials and determine when an application is considered complete.
Note: The Zoning Board of Appeals is required by the Laws of New York State to conduct a public hearing as part their consideration of all variances or special exceptions.
Area Variance Application Fee: $80.00
Use Variance Application Fee: $105.00
Special Exception Application Fee: $93.00